A Special Delivery for That Special Someone
Whether your romantic Valentine’s Day Dinner is at an upscale French bistro or from Domino’s, Balch Logistics wants to test your knowledge with a quiz inspired by Cupid himself.
1. Like the Taj Mahal, which of the seven ancient wonders was a gift of love from a king to his queen?
2. Complete the words to the classic love song L-O-V-E from Nat King Cole.
L is for the way you …
O is for the only …
V is very, very …
E is even more than anyone that …
3. Which king made Valentine’s Day a national holiday in England?
4. Which one word is missing in all three of the following song lyrics?
1. “I was kissin …”
2. “… looks very much alive and he looks up ladies dresses as they sadly pass him by”
3. “Be your … just for you”
5. Complete the names of the following pairs of famous lovers:
a. Aphrodite and A…
b. Dante and B…
c. Cupid and P…
6. Who wrote, “Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?”
7. Who created the famous 1886 statue Le Baisser (The Kiss)?
8. The following words mean or meant “love” in which languages?
9. Complete these words with the song title.
“Thy vacant brow and thy tousled hair conceal thy good intent. Thou noble upright truthful sincere and slightly dopey gent, you’re ……..”
10. Which ‘language’ of love was introduced into Western Europe in the 16th century?
1. The Hanging Gardens.
L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore
3. Henry VIII in the year 1537.
4. Valentino is the missing word. The songs are
1. Manic Monday
2. Celluloid Heroes
3. Good old fashioned lover boy.
5. Three Answers
6. c. Tennyson (In Memoriam 27, st 4.)
7. A. Rodin
8. Two Answers:
b. Old English
9. My Funny Valentine
10. The language of flowers. Red roses mean, “I love you,” and Blue Violets mean “faithfulness.”
We wish all of our customers a happy Valentine’s Day! May Cupid strike your heart, not your tire. Balch Logistics ensures customer satisfaction through simplicity, quick response, competitive rates, value-added innovation and continuous improvement. Your satisfaction as a customer determines our ultimate success. Call us today at 877.859.4401.